This is a compilation of random top 10 bits of advice I have from my experience backpacking!
Top 10 Things You Need In Your Backpack
When I was packing I had no clue what to bring, I bought a lot of unnecessary items and didn’t bring a lot of necessary ones, then spent a lot of money acquiring them. Also a suitcase instead of a backpack is fine at no point are you hauling all your stuff up any mountains, in fact a suitcase is probably the best idea. And the best most important tip of all is pack light and pack only stuff you love – you will have nothing but what you pack for a very long time!
10. Hiking boots / good trainers – you will at some point need them and buying them on the road is expensive.
9. A warm Jacket – you are not on holiday you will be in all weather conditions.
8. A laptop with lots of movies, journeys can be long and there are a lot of boring nights with no entertainment.
7. 1 good pair of jeans no more no less they can add weight and you will throw away any extras.
6. Insect / bug killer between mossies and bed bugs this stuff is a god send.
5. A sewing kit – small and is a lot cheaper than buying new stuff when your clothes are torn.
4. 2 nice dresses / night time clothes – it can be horrible having nothing to wear when you go out.
3. Hair straighteners / dryer – don’t listen when people laugh and say you won’t need them. There is always a plug socket.
2. A universal adaptor.
1. Baby Wipes – the absolute most necessary item. There is never toilet roll, you can remove your make-up and in desperate situations wash yourself with them when there is no showers.
Good Luck and happy travels! xx